I Loveeeee beauty and skincare products and seen as I haven’t posted much about them here I thought the best place to start would be my daily skincare routine! I love nosying and finding out what others use daily to clean and prep their skin and I’m always open to trying new products – in fact I’m a bit of a junkie with these things! And I know sometimes the task of cleansing, toning, moisturizing, etc. can become a bit of a hassle, but I love that clean skin feel and the fact that I am protecting my skin – so when I’m 70 I will have the skin of a twenty-something-year-old!
My routine day to night doesn’t really change except for my face cream and this is what I have found works for my oily skin type. Some of you skincare fans may notice there is no serum in my routine ( shock horror!! ) buttt I have recently run out of serum and haven’t decided what serum to go for next as I feel as though they haven’t previously made much of an impact in my routine – so feel free to recommend any!!
Sooooo from left to right there is an Avon Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask, Elemis Soothing Chamomile Cleanser, Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash, Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner and Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water.
– The Avon mud mask is amazing and I try to use this product once a week to help clear up excess oiliness and to help minimize the look of my open pores. It goes on a dark charcoal grey kinda colour and then takes 10-15minutes to dry to a light grey colour. Where there are visible pores the mask stays a slightly darker colour giving it this speckled look which is kinda gross but I like the thought that the oil is being drawn out and that the mask is really working! After rinsing my skin always feels amazingly smooth and soft, and I swear my pores instantly appear reduced!
– The Elemis cleanser is my faveee cleanser ever as it is really light in texture and not too greasy – I hate the feeling of a greasy product on my already oily skin! It has a light chamomile fragrance and works easily in to the skin. I use this on a night to remove my face make-up ( excluding the eye area ) by massaging it directly on to my face, working in, and then removing with a dampened cotton wool pad.
– Elemis Try-Enzyme Facial Wash where have you been all my life?! It’s a face wash but so much more, it is anti-aging and helps resurface and refine the texture and appearance of skin. It is mega lightweight and used on wet skin, it forms a gentle creamy lather that once you rinse of leaves your skin feeling fresh and soft. I use this first thing on a morning in the shower, and on a night time after using my cleanser to make sure I have removed all traces of make-up and daily grime.
– Elemis Balancing lavender Toner is perfect for combination/oily skins. The fragrance isn’t over-powering and definitely leaves my skin feeling refreshed. I spritz on to cotton wool and sweep over my face once I have dried my skin from using my Elemis facewash.
– The Garnier micellar water is something I have discovered in Melbourne, at home I used the Bioderma Micellar water and loved it as an eye make-up remover. This product is very similar and does the same job! It is literally water-like in texture, so it’s non greasy and fragrance free which I love because I think it’s is so important to be super careful around the eye area! It removes eye make-up with ease and doesn’t leave any kinda residue.
Okay so these are my face and eye creams of choice! Clinique All About Eyes ( the teeny tiny jar ) Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, and Elemis Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream.
– Clinique All About Eyes is a staple as it is a simple but effective, lightweight gel-cream formula that applies with ease and hydrates around my eye area. I always apply this after toning and before moisturizing and allow it to sink in for a few minutes first. I apply it up towards the temples too to help keep any pesky wrinkles at bay!
– Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream and the Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream are both an absolute staple. They are anti-aging moisturizers but I don’t find either of them too heavy. They sink in to the skin almost straight away and have this amazing texture that just kinda glides on! The Pro Marine Cream is such a cult product too and a definite must try – it gets its name from research that took place on sea algae and the preservative like properties it had ( ooooo! ) Also a little tip/advice that a customer once told me when I worked in skincare is to always apply your face cream down your neck to your decolletage – sounds simple right?! But I guarantee most of us don’t think to do it and in the long run it will help in preventing that crepe-y skin that is prone in the neck area!
So it’s kinda noticeable I use a lot of Elemis, and what I love is that they are plant based and not too heavy on added fragrances or nasties that some other skincare brands use, and with having an oily skin type I don’t want to over-load it with too many unnecessary ingredients that may encourage any excess oil. I try to stick to this routine as much as possible but lets face it – everyone has those lazy days and neglects their skincare routine once in a while and I am one of them! I do think it is so important to look after your skin and body and that prevention is waaayyy more affordable and effective than a cure, and who doesn’t want glowy gorgeous skin?! I also do use SPF if I’m in the sun, but at the moment with it being more dull and being indoors I rely on the SPF from my makeup ( SPF 15)
Happy Wednesday and happy grooming! xo