First things first lets address the elephant in the room and lemme start with a huge-ass apology for going all MIA on you guys and seriously no real excuse here I just seem to have waaayyy lost track of my days and feel like I have been pretty busy! So to fill you in on life in general I start a new job in a week and a half and have been planning on redecorating my room and a ton of other things I can’t think of but yesssssssssy I’m super excited to start my new job!
So the post is pretty straight forward – it’s a way of me showcasing my
love PURE ADORATION for gossip girl. I have been watching it on Netflix and I have felt a real bond to it this time round, I swear I feel as though I’m a part of it and even sported a Blair-esque headband for one day!! And I’m so close to finishing watching it all and so I have kinda postponed watching series 6 (serious issues I know) so I can drag it out a lil longer.
And if you haven’t realised it, gossip girl is literally a hive of life quotes an advice to live by. Really. So I have decided to quote my fave GG words of wisdom and share them right here with you guys…be prepared to re-evaluate your whole existence and live life the only way possible (the GG standard of course)
1. You’d better not be selfish. A woman remembers.
2. Fashion is the most powerful art there is. It’s movement, design and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we’d like to be.
3. Earn the spotlight on your own merits. You’ll feel better.
4. Here’s my advice: Have a little faith, and if that doesn’t work, have a lot of mimosas.
5. If you go back with an uncertain heart, there will be drama and disaster for all.
6. Doing the right thing takes courage and strength.
7. Sex is meaningful, like art. And you don’t rush art.
8. I’m not a stop along the way, I’m a destination.
9. You don’t give up on the people you love.
10. Nothing lasts forever. And when one door closes, another one always opens. The only question is: Who’s waiting behind it?
11. People don’t tell you who you are. You tell them.
12. Things have a way of working out when you least expect.
13. Even when you’re not sure where you’re headed, it helps to know you’re not going there alone. No one has all the answers. And sometimes the best we can do is just apologize. And let the past be the past. Other times, we need to look to the future. And know that even when we think we’ve seen it all, life can still surprise us. And we can still surprise ourselves.
14. We always need a place to call home. Because without the people you love most you can’t help but feel all alone in the world.
15. No matter how far you run, you can never truly escape, everything catches up to you at the end and when it does, it usually kicks your ass.
16. Sometimes the only thing left to do is wrap your arms around each other one last time and then just let go.
17. There’s a difference between a great love, and the right love
18. If two people are meant to be together, eventually they’ll find their way back.
19. Sometimes you need to step outside, get some air, and remind yourself of who you are and where you want to be. And sometimes you have to venture outside your world in order to find yourself.
20. They say Rome wasn’t built in a day, but what a difference a day makes.
21. Sometimes you have to allow yourself to be weak in order to grow stronger.
And seeing as though this is a pretty lengthy post I will leave it here with the promise of being back to my regular kinda posting style!
Ps my fave quotes are no. 13 & 19 which ones are yours? Do tell!! ♡